When Michelle needed more hearing power, she upgraded to the Cochlear™ Baha® 6 Max Sound Processor and found the courage to try new things and enhance her passion for quilting. With better sound quality*, increased confidence and the latest technology, Michelle shares her favorite sound processor features and the importance of advocating for her hearing.
The art of quilting involves harnessing connection, cultivating passion and appreciating beauty. For avid quilter Michelle, the same can be said for her hearing journey.
Michelle first started advocating for her hearing when her daughter was born with bilateral sensorineural hearing loss. She wanted her hearing journey to serve as an example for her daughter and she continues to be a role model by trying new things and making the most of every moment.
With more power comes richer sound.4 5 Michelle said she could hear louder sounds the moment she turned on her Baha 6 Max Sound Processor. “I can hear a little bit more than before and the sound is crisp and clean,” she says. Featuring a small and discreet design, Michelle says the Baha 6 Max Sound Processor is comfortable enough to wear all day. “It sits on my head securely and comfortably,” she says. “It’s just second nature to me that it’s there.”
Increased confidence to try new things
Michelle’s sound processor upgrade has given her the courage to try new things, join groups and meet new people. “I used to always feel left out when it came to crowds or even classrooms,” she says. “I didn’t realize how much I was actually missing out on.” Now Michelle attends quilting classes with confidence that she can hear the instructor and fully engage in the classroom.
When she needs to hear better in noisy and challenging situations, Michelle utilizes the Cochlear True Wireless™ Mini Microphone 2+, which allows her to stream sound from her quilting instructor directly into her sound processor.6
She also enjoys the Baha 6 Max Sound Processor’s smartphone compatibility7, which allows her to directly stream audio from her favorite movies, TV shows, apps, music, GPS directions and calls. “Streaming to my sound processor is a lifesaver,” she says. “I can hear video so clearly and it doesn’t disturb others because it goes straight to my sound processor.”
Advice for others
Michelle is grateful for her sound processor upgrade and encourages people who are considering a similar journey to do their research and advocate for themselves. “It’s so worth it,” she says. “There are so many beautiful sounds in this world and I’m so happy I can hear them.”
Are you ready to embrace the latest technology and upgrade your hearing experience? Learn more about upgrading to the Baha 6 Max Sound Processor.8
- Leung B. Baha 6 Max Connect Datasheet. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1760797.
- Land J. Baha 5 Sound Processor Connect System Datasheet. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2019; 630908.
- Land J. Baha 5 Power Connect Datasheet. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2019; D801286.
- Van Eeckhoutte M, Folkeard P, Glista D, Scollie S. Speech recognition, loudness, and preference with extended bandwidth hearing aids for adult hearing aid users. Int J Audiol. 2020 20;1-12.
- Snapp HA et al. Effects of extended high frequency bandwidth in osseointegrated bone conduction device users. Hearing Research. 2021 [In press].
- Hoffmann J, Andersson J, Agat T, Hedin A, Flynn MC. Hearing benefits of the Cochlear™ Wireless Mini Microphone for Cochlear Baha 4 Sound Processors. Sweden: Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions; 2014. E83101.
- The Cochlear Baha 6 Max Sound Processor is compatible with Apple and Android devices. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
- * In a clinical study, users reported more than 25% better sound quality when using Baha 6 Max Sound Processor, compared to the Baha 5 Sound Processor. Hua H. Baha 6 Max Home test CIR CBAS5779. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2021; D1801512.